Saturday, December 19, 2009

it's because we've got hair.


so lucky me. my PH level has not fallen below 6.5, which is good, cause that would be bad. the "litre'o'MTX" and associated fluids has kept me getting up each and every two hours, which is was as bad as i had maybe thought it might be. the metallic taste is back, which of course is always welcome. no mouth sores yet. knock on wood. i've got a song going on that i am relatively pleased with. we shall see how it progresses. right now it's fighting to be an ambient piece, but i'm not sure that's what i really had in mind for it. anyway. in another 16.5 hours i get my leucovorin. and then on sunday, some asparaginase. Never had a reaction yet, and i'd like to keep it that way. well. i guess that's all for now. peace out, and remember, it's because we've got hair.

(edit)
P.S.
I should add as a side note. i've been through this more than once. nothing is taboo. if have a question. ask. really. i mean it. yes you.

2 comments:

Jeryne Allen said...

It was so nice to see you getting on with your life and enjoying just being a young man.

Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

When did you start to feel sick again and have to start your treatments?

Thanks for including me in your blog.

Will keep my eye on the internet for any suggestions to deal with medication side effects.

Love
Aunt Jeryne

17+7=ALL said...

hey. it was just recently, i was feeling pretty much fine, a little tired, and then i went for my routine blood work. they called me that day and told me they wanted to do a bone marrow biopsy to confirm if the cancer was back. that was dec 10. dec 11 i had the biopsy done in the morning, in the afternoon they got the results and told me me i needed to be in edmonton for monday. So i had all of Friday afternoon, Sat and Sun morning to pack up my entire life in victoria and come back to edmonton. my mother flew out of the Fri and helped me pack, and get everything in order. My Uncle Brian(my mom's brother in law) is going out to get the rest of the stuff i left behind later this month. So I started treatment monday the 14th. I have to be in the hospital for about a month, and then i can go home. after that, i'll have to go down to calgary and get a bone marrow transplant, once they they find a suitable donor, (they haven't tested anyone yet, but most likely it will be one of my siblings.) yeah. i think that's a brief summary, but if you have any more questions or if anything is not quite clear, feel free to ask away.

michael